WE'VE GOT WINNERS....
WE'VE GOT LOSERS
TOP 10 MARKETS w/ Greatest loss in home value
Metropolitan statistical area
One-year loss (%)
1.Detroit-Warren-Livonia, Mich. -7.4
2.Toledo, Ohio -6.2
3. Sarasota-Braden-Venice, Fla. -5.6
4. Akron, Ohio -4.9
5. Youngs-War-Brdman, OH/Pa. -4.8
6. Bloomington-Normal, Ill. -4.4
7. South Bend-Mishawaka, Ind. -4.0
8. Indianapolis -3.6
9. Cleveland-Elyria-Mentor, Ohio -3.2
10. Lansing-E.Lansing, Mich. -3.2
Isn't it interesting that three or four of the markets are home to large universities? I think that should help put the Centre County market in perspective. Although we are home to a large Big 10 University, we are a small market removed from the metro areas and insulated from the huge price fluctuations of larger metro areas.